Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jaz's Birthmark



Well I took Jazmine in for her appt with the dermatologist and to my surprise her
birthmark that I was told when she was 3 was harmless is actually a bit more serious then
what I was told...... her Birth mark, has gone deep enough
to get into the Vein and Artery system of her neck there are only a handfull of these things seen in kids her age so she is going to be sent to SanFransico to see a Doctor there who has done nothing but study these things, she is also going to be haveing an MRI to be sure there are no Brain leasions and to see exactly how this thing is sitting and what is Involved easiest route it is self contained and easy to remove, worst end of this it is wrapped around the spinal cord or the aterys and could be cancerous, obviously I am going with the easy route but prepharing for the very worst..... I could slap the doctor from when she was 3 I knew something was up and that Birthmarks dont just Raise up for nothing! and keep growing..... So now I wait for the referals and the appts to start and then the trip to Sanfransico thankfully I have Family that lives near by.....

1 comment:

Helene said...

I couldnt quite believe this pic when i first saw it! stupid doctors grrr why dont they listen to us Mums??
I really hope they find a way of treating it safely and easily for Jazmine's sake and hugs for the whole situation, it can't be easy {hugs}